At present, six surfers remain in contention for the crown
I'm going to assume you are on billabong.com because you love Billabong as much as we do therefore you are rooting with us for Silvana Lima's big break through!! For her to claim her first ASP World Title.
With only two events remaining in the race, ASP released a breakdown of possible scenarios. These were setup favoring current champ and race leader Steph Gilmore. But with Silvana sitting at a close #2 - this is what Silvana needs to do to stay alive through the Sunset event, results or scenarios better than these; yes she could WIN THE CROWN.
Check it out.
- If Gilmore wins Sunset, Lima needs a 2nd and Mulanovich is out.
- If Gilmore finishes 2nd at Sunset, Lima needs a 3rd, Mulanovich needs to win and Ho is out.
- If Gilmore finishes 3rd at Sunset, Lima needs a 5th, Mulanovich needs to win and Ho needs to win.
- If Gilmore finishes 4th at Sunset, Lima needs a 7th, Mulanovich needs a 2nd and Ho needs a 2nd.
- If Gilmore finishes 9th, 7th or 5th at Sunset, then Lima, Mulanovich and Ho are all in contention for the crown.
For Hedges and Bartels to remain a part of the mix, they need for Gilmore to finish at the last two events with either a 17th or 13th at Sunset so that they along with Lima, Mulanovich and Ho keep their World Title campaigns alive.
If the 2009 ASP Women's World Title is not sealed at the upcoming Gidget Pro Sunset Beach, the crown will be decided at the final event of the season, the Billabong Pro Maui presented by Hawaiian Airlines.
For more information, log onto aspworldtour.com